Friday, February 25, 2011

A beautiful gift

When I woke up this morning, for the first time in months, my nose wasn't cold. The air is finally beginning to warm up in Shamgona. It was nice to have a sweater on in my room instead of a coat and still be comfortable. I have no doubt that the cold weather will make itself known at least one more time this year, but I am sure that Spring is just around the corner.

On my way into school today, two of my lovely fourth graders skipped into the gate just ahead of me. They made me smile -- their braids and backpacks flying, eyes dancing as they smiled, and a blur of yellow in each of their hands. When Lika and I walked into their classroom for our first period class, the girls handed each of us a bouquet of bright yellow daffodils -- gorgeous!! Their smiles were as bright as the flowers as they beamed with delight at giving us these beautiful gifts. I took them to the house and put them in water, then grabbed my bags that I had packed last night to head out to the mountains for a weekend of skiing.....

My flowers will hold the promise of Spring for me until I get back....




1 comment: