Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Travel karma

I have a new itinerary to go home. It includes four different flights over two days with 15 hours overnight at JFK. Fun times.

I want to believe that I am really going home, but, as another TLG teacher in my position observed, this situation is feeling a good deal like Casablanca.... we're all just trying to get out, and there are no tickets. I think a pair of Dorothy's ruby slippers may be more valuable and reliable than an e-ticket right now. I have a taxi scheduled to pick me up in the morning at 4:30, but until that plane is off the ground, I still have some doubts swirling around in my head that my ticket is really going to be valid.

I lit four candles at a church I went to today. If anyone out there wants to light some for me, please feel free. Or feel free to say a prayer or two. Or do a dance under the stars. Or hold your breath. Or cross your fingers. Or knock on wood. Or anything else that you feel will help my travel-karma stay good all the way home. 

But for now, I need to consolidate three bags down to two. Anyone have a shrinking ray gun??

No comments:

Post a Comment